CAD / Drafter
Willis Engineers is a small consulting firm in Charlotte, North Carolina specializing in water and wastewater systems for local governments. We are currently seeking a full-time Civil CAD Drafter / Designer with strong technical abilities who wants to join a team of professionals working in a fast-paced, multi-role position. Candidate will be working with engineers on large-scale multi-million dollar utility construction projects and must be internally motivated and able to thrive in a team orientated, client centered work environment. Applicants are to have two years of experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and some knowledge of ArcGIS. Willis Engineers provides strong competitive compensation and a substantial benefits package.
- Under minimal supervision, develop complex engineering drawings, conceptual plans, and exhibits.
- Plan, research, and produce contract drawings based on constraints defined by the project engineer, review agencies, and client needs.
- Recognize and work with Project Engineer to resolve potential construction conflicts and difficulties identified during design.
- Aid in preparation of technical specifications as requested by the project engineer.
- Estimate number of sheets and contract drawings as well as production time required for design manager’s review.
- Ensure overall consistency, quality, technical accuracy, and design on projects.
- Although working primarily as drafter/designer, may occasionally interpret general designs prepared by others to complete details.
- Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D and ArcGIS is required.
- Must be knowledgeable in basic construction practices for civil construction, be able to generate drawings for engineers, and make suggestions for further development.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit a Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any applicant not meeting the above requirements will not be considered.